All Media enquiries should be directed to Ms Anita D Sehlabo
Acting Assistant Manager: Media Relations
Tel: 016 950 6432
Cell: 078 682 2237
17 February 2015 - The Emfuleni Local Municipality Mayor, Councilor Greta Hlongwane is proud to announce that20 previously disadvantage students (South Africans), who have consistently proven academic excellence and performance throughout their matric year will be awarded bursaries.
To celebrate this achievement the Executive Mayor willaddress the students to offer them messages of encouragement and support. She will also be joined by the 35 previous bursary holders.
13 February 2015 - Mzizi Funeral Directors operating in the jurisdiction of Emfuleni Local Municipality has been stopped operating with immediate effect. This decision is taken after investigation and visits to the premises by the ELM inspectors.
Emfuleni Local Municipality received a written a letter of concern by one bereaved family after it had to burial their loved one in a decomposed state. The deceased was in the care of Mzizi's mortuary until the time of burial earlier in the year, 2015.
18 November 2014 - The Emfuleni Local Municipality has noted with regret the factually incorrect allegations that Emfuleni Sewer Reticulation System is one of the pollution threats to the river system through E-coli and other pathogens from raw or poorly treated sewage.
While the Municipality acknowledges that our ageing infrastructure poses a challenge to us in relation to our reticulation system, it is not true that pipe bursts are not noticed or attended to.
28 August 2014 - The Emfuleni Local Municipality in conjunction with the Vaal River Carnival Committee will be having a media networking session at Stonehaven-on-Vaal.
Members of the media are invited to join the team for discussions and deliberations on how best to improve the working relations between the media, the team and the Municipality in general.
27 August 2014 - The Emfuleni Local Municipality, in partnership with local businesses, will be celebrating the 12th edition of the Vaal River Carnival from this weekend.
This annual event will be showcasing a mixture of talent for two weeks starting Saturday 30 August until Sunday the 7th of September 2014.
- Road Closures in the Vereeniging Area
- Emfuleni to launch vegetable farming project
- Emfuleni Local Municipality to inspire change on Mandela Day
- Emfuleni Local Municipality to unveil Mandela Day programmes
- Emfuleni Mayor launches pothole campaign programme
- Emfuleni Mayor to hand over traffic vehicles to officers
- Boiketlong protest action
- Emfuleni Local Municipality presents We Care Festival 2013
- Remarks by the Executive Mayor during dignity packs campaign, 16 October 2013
- Emfuleni Local Municipality's Executive Mayor welcomes the proposed creation of a metro